Check out monthly events and trainings at www.clermontcountyfamiliesconnected.org.
To support and connect families who have a member with a disability.
Families Connected of Clermont County was organized by parents who have experience with the systems and formed a group to support other families with information, resources, peer support in the schools regarding children’s education needs, and through knowledge of service providers to support the needs of families.
- Resources: Assistance in locating resources needed by families to meet their needs.
- Workshops with focus on providing families with information to make informed choices. Primarily funded by FAST TRAC, some trainings with other agencies, and with in-kind support from Clermont DD, HMG, and FCF. Open invitations.
- Family events that are of importance to the population. Anyone interested is invited to attend.
- Peer Support Partners – Lead family contact for Mental Health and Recovery Board/FAST TRAC within the WA process.
- Support to parents for their child”s education program.
- Help Me Grow – Family Support Specialist and Child Find Specialist – Support for families in the HMG system who have children birth to 3 years.
- Educational advocacy and support to families.
Families Connected is partially funded by the Clermont County Mental Health & Recovery Board through FAST TRAC funding and through a contract with Clermont DD to provide services to families in the Help Me Grow Program as Parent Support Specialists/Child Find (Birth to three). In-kind support is also provided by Clermont DD. Parent leaders: Brenda Cox, Jean Houston, and Lamonica Friedman; Peer support partners through FAST TRAC are Sharon Craig, Rebecca Bishop, Chanel Bayless, and Rena Norton.